Connect with us

Sports

Semenya sends social media into meltdown after Sharing adorable video of baby girl already walking!

Published

on

Loading...

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa, Jul 10 – Becoming a parent is one of the most special things that could happen to a person. Olympic champion Caster Semenya and her wife, Violet Raseboya, surprised the world when they announced they welcomed a baby girl.

This comes one month after the couple announced that they were welcoming a new born.

The happy couple usually keeps their private lives out of the public eye but Semenya posted a video of their little bundle of joy and it appears she’s already walking.

“And we walk,” the Olympic champion captioned the video.

The clip led to fans speculating the little girl is already a year old at least. Semenya also posted a photo of her daughter sporting a pair of Nike shoes and she captioned it, “#1”.

The post could indicate that the little girl turned one or it could simply be Semenya’s number for her daughter.

Regardless, social media users wished the tiniest Semenya family member a happy birthday.

Andile Ncube commented: “Seems to be a family favourite that number, number 1! Happy (birthday).”

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Paralympian Kgothatso Montjane added: “Happy birthday.”

Palesa Mohlamme said: “Happy for you and your family.”

Raseboya previously posted a snap of herself on Instagram showing off her baby bump – which was the only image she posted about her pregnancy.

News that they might have become parents broke last month, Briefly.co.za reported. At the time, Semenya was photographed holding a pair of white toddler Nike shoes.

The image had no more information save for a couple of emojis as the caption. Violet posted a similar picture of two adult legs and the white toddler shoes in the centre.

By Briefly SA 

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Comments

comments

Loading...
Continue Reading

Sports

Covid-19 tally jumps to 10,791

Published

on

Loading...


Another five people succumbed to the virus.

Loading...

Comments

comments

Loading...
Continue Reading

Sports

Jomvu MP replaced as ODM chair in the constituency

Published

on

Loading...
The two-term MP was dewhipped from the National Assembly Budget and Appropriation Committee following a purge on the allies of Deputy President Dr. William Ruto.

The axe that recently fell on Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) members during the purge instituted in parliamentary committees appears to have been extended to their constituencies.

KBC Radio_KICD Timetable

Days after he was de-whipped from the budget committee, Jomvu MP Badi Twalib has been replaced as chairman of the ODM party in his constituency.

The orange party says the lawmaker is part of members who have been disloyal to the outfit and its leadership.

Loading...

His ouster from the privileged parliamentary position coming following a purge on opposition members who are deemed to have shifted their allegiance to Deputy President William Ruto.

Get breaking news on your Mobile as-it-happens. SMS ‘NEWS’ to 20153

The party’s Mombasa branch chairman Geoffrey Busaka confirming that the lawmaker has been removed from office of chairman at his constituency.

The legislator has been replaced in an acting capacity by Mikindani ward Member of the County Assembly Renson Juma Thoya.

The embattled MP is accused of abandoning party affairs in the constituency.

KBC-You-tube-728x90-New-2

Tell Us What You Think


Comments

comments

Loading...
Continue Reading

Sports

Mystery as Argentine sailors infected with virus after 35 days at sea

Published

on

Loading...

By AFP

Buenos Aires

Argentina is trying to solve a medical mystery after 57 sailors were infected with the coronavirus after 35 days at sea, despite the entire crew testing negative before leaving port.

Loading...

The Echizen Maru fishing trawler returned to port after some of its crew began exhibiting symptoms typical of Covid-19, the health ministry for the southern Tierra del Fuego province said Monday.

According to the ministry, 57 sailors, out of 61 crew members, were diagnosed with the virus after undergoing a new test.

However, all of the crew members had undergone 14 days of mandatory quarantine at a hotel in the city of Ushuaia. Prior to that, they had negative results, the ministry said in a statement.

Two of the other sailors have tested negative, and two others are awaiting test results, the province’s emergency operations committee said.

Advertisement

Two sailors were hospitalized.

“It’s hard to establish how this crew was infected, considering that for 35 days, they had no contact with dry land and that supplies were only brought in from the port of Ushuaia,” said Alejandra Alfaro, the director of primary health care in Tierra del Fuego.

A team was examining “the chronology of symptoms in the crew to establish the chronology of contagion,” she said.

The head of the infectious diseases department at Ushuaia Regional Hospital, Leandro Ballatore, said he believed this is a “case that escapes all description in publications, because an incubation period this long has not been described anywhere.”

“We cannot yet explain how the symptoms appeared,” said Ballatore.

The crew was placed in isolation on board the ship and returned to the port of Ushuaia.

Argentina exceeded 100,000 total cases on Sunday, and the death toll rose to 1,859. The majority of infections are in the Buenos Aires area.

Comments

comments

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Loading...
Advertisement
Loading...

Trending