RE: DM/04/09/2018: DIGITAL VIDEO/GRAPHICS EDITOR SS BA 2 – 2 POSITIONS
While reporting to Digital Chief Producer, the job holder will be responsible for assembling recorded video footage, design still images and edit audio clips for online distribution. The Digital Video/Graphics Editor will work closely with the Digital Producer to engage followers through writing and creating of content which will promote the Corporation’s brand in a positive manner.
Get breaking news on your Mobile as-it-happens. SMS ‘NEWS’ to 22163
Three (3) years contract renewable subject to positive performance output.
- Taking a design from brief to concept to polished deliverable
- Managing workflow (which will include multiple projects at one time) and productivity in accordance with product schedules, budgets, and creative goals.
- Staying up-to-date on cutting edge design throughout the industry
- Developing alternate story forms such as charts, galleries, tables, timelines, info graphics, process charts for online and the social media
- Develop fascinating graphics, video branding for all KBC products
- Ensure good labeling and storage video content for future use
- Responsible for video shooting assignments for any event
- Interpreting and translating situations, news and ideas into video graphics
- Ensuring the Corporation’s standard video/image watermarking is applied.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design/Interaction Design or related discipline
- Over two (2) years’ experience in digital marketing and social media
- Strong familiarity with the business applications of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc)
- Knowledge on Adobe Creative Cloud Suite of Products, Final cut including but not limited to Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop CC. Motion graphics experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in IT skills
- Good working knowledge of video editing and graphic softwares
- High quality work with attention to detail
- Ability to manage workflow and time
- Team player and open to feedback
Ability to multi-task, juggle through multiple tasks and work under tight deadlines
If you meet the above qualifications and criteria, please submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter and names/contact information for three (3) referees. The positions are also open to those who are currently serving or have served the Corporation on short-term / temporary contracts.
Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 19th February, 2019. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
‘’KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply.’’
KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30456-00100
Tell Us What You Think