RE: DM/03/09/2018: DIGITAL CONTENT EDITOR SS BA 2 – 1 POSITION
While reporting to the Digital Chief Sub-Editor, the job holder will collect, collate and write content to the website and all the Corporation’s social media platforms, taking particular responsibility for News content. This will include blogging, creating social profiles, managing regular posts and responding to followers.
Get breaking news on your Mobile as-it-happens. SMS ‘NEWS’ to 22163
Three (3) years contract renewable subject to positive performance output.
- Enacting the editorial policy of the Corporation
- Attending regular meetings with the Digital Chief Sub-Editor and taking assignments for researching and covering news stories, features, specialist interviews and other original content
- Taking responsibility for news content on the website
- Ensuring consistent high quality, good ‘inclusive’ writing and plenty of visuals
- Originating new ideas, and proposing ways to pull together or link stories thematically and geographically, and to add in depth coverage on issues
- Maintaining close working relationships with Editorial Services Department to keep abreast of the latest fixes and developments
- Ensuring and/ or checking compliance with normal legal frameworks, including copyright and defamation
- Checking all compliance and legal issues with the Digital Chief Sub-Editor if in doubt, and as a matter of course on sensitive, difficult or high profile stories
- Occasionally contributing to other areas of KBC work, including live events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism/Communication or related field
- At least two (2) years’ experience as a Journalist writing for a news operations, broadcast or print, or associated online service, possibly a local newspaper or Radio/TV station or mainstream website
- In depth and extensive understanding of news, and a good instinct for a story.
- Proven experience on the need to deliver quickly, accurately and against the pressure of deadlines
- Must have knowledge of visual layout and photography, a sound grounding in the legal framework of journalism and an understanding of KBC social issues
- Must be able to use word processing and web publishing software.
Organization Skills Required:
- Ability to engage and produce quality content to deadline
- Highly literate in IT, the web and skilled at visual layout and handling photographs
- Ability to work under pressure
If you meet the above qualifications and criteria, please submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter and names/contact information for three (3) referees. The position is also open to those who are currently serving or have served the Corporation on short-term / temporary contracts.
Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 19th February, 2019. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
‘’KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply.’’
KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATIO
P.O. BOX 30456-00100
Tell Us What You Think