Connect with us

Tech

Posta Kenya and Jumia team up to reduce pick up fee – KBC

Published

on

Loading...
Postal Corporation of Kenya, Courier Services General Manager, Elizabeth Mwaura and Jumia Kenya CEO, Sam Chappatte during a past event at Movenpick Hotel, Westlands.

Postal Corporation of Kenya has partnered with Jumia to offer a discount on delivery fee for customers.

KBC Radio_KICD Timetable

All customers will only pay 100 shillings plus VAT (Ksh 116)  to collect their orders from Postal Pick Up Stations outside Nairobi. This significant partnership is in line with the continuous commitment from Jumia and Posta to ensure that all citizens have access to critical goods during the Coronavirus outbreak.

“We are proud to collaborate with Posta Kenya to reduce the price of delivery for customers countrywide at this critical time. To support communities around the country, we are offering “at cost” last mile delivery for essential products (food, hygiene, etc). This allows customers to get access to critical goods at fair prices at a time when availability& high pricing is a concern for some. E-commerce platforms like ours, with e-payment and last mile delivery capabilities through partners like Posta, are in a good position to be part of Kenya’s response to this pandemic.” said Jumia Kenya CEO, Sam Chappatte.

When shopping on Jumia, customers will have the option to pick-up products from a Post Office closest to them during the checkout process, the products will be dispatched to the selected office for collection.

Get breaking news on your Mobile as-it-happens. SMS ‘NEWS’ to 20153

Loading...

“In support of the fight against coronavirus, Posta Kenya has partnered with Jumia to reduce pick up fee to only Kes 116 from all Posta Kenya pick up points outside Nairobi,” said Postmaster General & CEO of The Postal Corporation of Kenya, Dan Kagwe. “In addition, we will avail buckets of clean water plus soap in all our stations to ensure proper hygiene standards in all our pick-up offices,” added Kagwe.

The deal with the State agency will see the Pan-African eCommerce platform deliver the much-needed basic essentials to customers through its vast network of Post offices. This is however targeted only to customers outside Nairobi.

According to the World Health Organization, the risk of catching the virus that causes COVID-19 from a package that has been moved, travelled, and exposed to different conditions and temperature is low. As a result, shopping online is recommended as it reduces the chances of interactions of one coming into contact with different people.

 

 

KBC-You-tube-728x90-New-2

Tell Us What You Think


Comments

comments

Loading...
Continue Reading

Tech

LSK dismisses Uhuru’s Executive Order

Published

on

Loading...

The Law Society of Kenya (LSK) has dismissed the Executive Order issued by the President Wednesday as unconstitutional and vowed to challenge it in court.

KBC Radio_KICD Timetable

In a letter to the Attorney General Kihara Kariuki, LSK President Nelson Havi questions the inclusion of Judiciary, commissions and other independent offices under the Executive.

“Executive Order No 1 of 2020 is unconstitutional in so far as it purports to place the Judiciary, commissions and other independent offices under the Executive. Unless the Executive Order is rescinded within 7 days the LSK will challenge it in Court” says Havi.

Havi is accusing the office of the Attorney General and that of the Director of Public Prosecutions (ODPP) of going against the law to advance the Executive’s agenda.

Get breaking news on your Mobile as-it-happens. SMS ‘NEWS’ to 20153

“The AG and the ODPP have in the recent past  acted on the direction of the President… Similarly, there is clear laxity by the ODPP to prosecute government officials and other individuals considered to be sacred cows of the Executive. The fidelity of these two Independent Offices to the Constitution and the rule of law is negated by the controls manifest in the executive order” he said.

Loading...

Havi’s letter follows a protest from Chief Justice David Maraga who said the Executive Order issued by the President on Wednesday evening, undermines the principle of separation of power.

But the AG has defended the President’s action, saying the Executive Order was issued within the law and that it doesn’t intend to undermine any independent arm of the Government or to cause confusion among members of the public.

Speculation

“There is no provision in the Executive order with the express or implicit purport of assigning functions to the Judiciary, the Judicial Service Commission or any other independent institution,” said the AG.

The order has stirred speculation with comments that the Deputy President had been stripped of his powers after the title Presidency was changed to Executive Office of President.

Makueni Senator Mutula Kilonzo who is a lawyer says the word Presidency is a political term that has been loosely used to give an impression that the President and Deputy President are almost two centres of power.

Mutula, says the President Uhuru’s order falls squarely within the confines of the law.

President Uhuru Kenyatta’s chief of staff Nzioka Waita has clarified that the Executive Order on the Organisation of Government is primarily an administrative tool that provides clarity to the Public Service on the designation of functions and placement of entities within the government.

Related: Attorney General says Executive Order within the law

Related: Chief Justice Maraga faults Executive Order

Comments

comments

Loading...
Continue Reading

Tech

Premier League approves five substitutes for rest of season – KBC

Published

on

Loading...
Premier League teams have been permitted three substitutions since the 1994-95 season

Premier League teams will be able to make five substitutions, rather than three, in each match to the end of the season after clubs approved new rules.

KBC Radio_KICD Timetable

Teams will also be able to name nine substitutes instead of the usual seven.

Football’s international law-makers gave competitions the option of increasing substitutes to protect player welfare on the sport’s resumption.

Premier League football will return on 17 June after a three-month absence.

Get breaking news on your Mobile as-it-happens. SMS ‘NEWS’ to 20153

An announcement of the first few rounds of fixtures since the campaign was halted by coronavirus on 13 March is expected in the next 24 hours.

Though teams can now make five substitutions, each will only have three opportunities to make changes throughout the match in order to minimise disruption to the game.

Loading...

Clubs have also agreed in principle to the use of neutral venues if required, although the vast majority of matches are expected to be played in their usual grounds, barring local spikes in coronavirus cases.

A draft document detailing the extensive biosecurity measures required for each match has been circulated. It is believed the number of people in the stadium while each match is being played will be limited to about 300.

How to end the season, decide the league positions and the possible consequences should it prove impossible to play the remaining matches was discussed at a meeting of clubs, but any decision was delayed to concentrate on the return of action.

The International Football Association Board said in May that the temporary changes to substitutions had been made for interrupted 2019-20 competitions as “matches may be played in a condensed period in different weather conditions, both of which could have impacts on player welfare”.

Concerns had been raised about the reduced preparation time that players have had before the season’s resumption with Premier League teams only returning to contact training at the end of May.

Newcastle club doctor Paul Catterson said on Tuesday that he was expecting more injuries as the intensity of training increased.

KBC-You-tube-728x90-New-2

Tell Us What You Think


Comments

comments

Loading...
Continue Reading

Tech

Facebook users can now transfer their photos to Google Photos, here’s how to do so

Published

on

Loading...

After half a year of being available in certain parts of the world, Facebook’s tool for migrating photos from its platform to Google Photos is finally live for everyone around the world. Yes, including us here in Kenya. The feature has, since early March, been available in a handful of African countries.

For many an Android user – and those on other platforms as well – Google is almost the go-to place for storing our photos. With unlimited* storage for photos and videos, it is almost a no-brainer.

However, Google Photos only came to life long after those of us who have been around for much longer, had already had all the fun of the initial days on Facebook. Even then, many more people have continued using Facebook to share memories with friends and family. This means that memories and special moments are strewn all over.

If it’s been your dream to get all of your memories under one roof then, Facebook is offering you an easy way to achieve your consolidation goal using its photo transfer tool.

Here is how:

1. Log in to your Facebook account

2. Navigate to the top right corner, access the dropdown and select Settings & Privacy

 

 

3. Select Settings

4. Select Your Facebook information**

5. Select Transfer a copy of your photos or videos

6. Under Choose destination, select Google Photos

7. Choose what you wish to port over to Google Photos: photos or videos (you can only choose one, not both), then select Next

Loading...

8. Authenticate the process on Google’s end – you will be prompted to log in to your Google account then grant Facebook the  necessary permissions

9. Confirm Transfer

10. Voila! Sit and wait for the process to finish – at this point you can exit Facebook as the process will go on behind the scenes.

**Up to this point, if you are doing this process from the Facebook Android application then it will henceforth shift to the mobile browser. You’ll still see pretty much the same output as outlined in the following steps. You just need to authenticate first and it’s all good from there.

*Google Photos limits photos to 16 megapixels and videos to 1080i in order for the user to enjoy unlimited storage. Anything above that is compressed to that level.

Comments

comments

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Loading...
Advertisement
Loading...

Trending