Connect with us

Entertainment

Gor Mahia players threaten to boycott league trophy presentation

Published

on

Loading...


Crestfallen Gor Mahia players walk off the pitch after losing 2-0 to Ulinzi Stars in a SportPesa Premier League match at Kenyatta Stadium in Machakos. PHOTO | VINCENT OPIYO

By NAHASHON MUSUNGU

Aggrieved Gor Mahia players have threatened to boycott the team’s coronation in Kisumu next weekend if the pay dispute will not have been resolved by than.

Two players who spoke to Nairobi News off the record on Saturday said it will be impossible for them to attend the event if their dues are not settled in full by then.

“We will not eat those medals. How it works at the club is that if you do not get your dues by the end of the season then you can as well forget about it because a new season comes and we continue accumulating debts,” said one of the players.

Loading...

“Some of us are owed signing bonuses stretching back to last year, plus training allowances for the past eight matches. In the event you are dropped from the team after this season or choose to leave, how will you follow up on this monies?” his team mate posed.

BOYCOTT

Nairobi News understands that Coach Dylan Kerr and part of his technical bench are also yet to be paid their dues.

Infact Kerr has had to juggle his squad in the last two league matches as a host of his players staying away from training and matches to protest  delayed payments.

The team is set to receive the league trophy and winners’ medals at Moi Stadium in Kisumu on Saturday.

The ceremony will be preceded by a league match involving the Kenyan champions and Mathare United at the same venue.

Opposition leader Raila Odinga, Kisumu governor Anyang Nyong’o, top Football Kenya Federation leadership and SportPesa CEO Ronald Karauri among those expected to attend. But the success of this function now depends on what will transpire within the club this week.

Loading...
Continue Reading

Entertainment

June Ruto off the market as she traditionally marries her Nigerian boyfriend

Published

on

Loading...
June Ruto wedding

June Ruto, daughter to Deputy President William Ruto is officially off the market after getting engaged to her Nigerian bae, Dr. Alexander Ezenagu.

The event was held at at their home in Karen.

Dr Aklexander Ezenagu, fiancee to June Ruto

Through his social media Osita, Chidoka who was the negotiator on behalf of Alexander praised Kalenjins for their culture saying it’s similar to that of the Igbos of Nigeria.

“The Kalenjin people of Kenya are pastoral people and have so much in common with the Igbos of Nigeria.

I was the negotiator at the bride price settlement ceremony. We haggled, we negotiated and in the end, we agreed on how many cows would be a fair price for the hands of June.

June’s father kept the event small and simple and family-focused. His position as Deputy President was relegated as he played the role of a father. Hon. Ruto and his wife were great hosts.

I regaled them with Igbo customs, proverbs, and more. They are looking forward to visiting Ani Igbo to eat roasted yam and red oil. 

They also want to see Umuaro and Umuofia as described by Chinua Achebe. Well, I told them that visiting Obosi and Alex’s village Uli will suffice…..”

Details of when and how long the couple has been dating are still scanty as June Ruto is not active on social media and even her fiancé.

Hoping the wedding will happen soon. From Mpasho we say congratulations

Below are photos from the event.

Loading...
June Ruto traditional marriage
June Ruto traditional marriage
June Ruto Fiancee
June Ruto wedding
June Ruto wedding

Loading...
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Drama as Nyandarua County Assembly speaker is impeached again – KBC

Published

on

Loading...

Drama continued at the Nyandarua County Assembly on Saturday after Members of the County Assembly voted to impeach their Speaker, Ndegwa Wahome, for the third time in less than six months.

This was after 31 MCAs supported the motion while six of them opposed,with one abstention.

The MCAs accuse the speaker of abuse of office, militarizing the assembly, disregard to the law, victimizing assembly members and staff, impunity, corruption, poor leadership, nepotism and unlawful recruitment of staff.

The impeachment motion was moved by Leader of Majority, Edinald King’ori, and seconded by Wanjohi ward Rep, Isaac Kung’u. King’ori also accused Wahome of undermining the leadership of Governor Francis Kimemia.

Get breaking news on your Mobile as-it-happens. SMS ‘NEWS’ to 20153

On April 29, this year a High Court sitting in Nakuru reinstated Wahome who had been impeached early January this year, as the County Assembly Speaker.

High Court Judge, Hillary Chemitei, reinstated him as the speaker until a case he had filed against his removal was heard and determined.

Loading...

The court ruled that the sitting of the assembly that impeached him did not observe the two-thirds rule when voting for his removal.

Mr King’ori who also accused Wahome of favouritism in assembly functions, outside the county and undermining the leadership of Governor Francis Kimemia.

He said that Wahome had out rightly shown that he was unable to hold office.

The leader of the Majority noted that the speaker had failed to explain how over Sh 500 million meant for the construction of county assembly offices had been spent and yet it was not complete.

Wahome, who has maintained that he was still the Speaker, has blamed Governor Kimemia for being behind the bid by MCAs to remove him from office.

He claimed his woes are linked to his stand on corruption and criticism of Governor Kimemia’s style of leadership.

The speaker who is also the County Assemblies Forum (CAF) Chair He pointed out that the MCAs who now want to impeach him are those who are allied to the Governor and are unhappy with his stand.

Nevertheless, MCAs allied to the Speaker have vowed to start a push to remove Governor Kimemia from office.

The MCAs led by Gatimu ward MCA Kieru Wambui alleged that the governor has a hidden hand in the MCAs allied to him so that he can forestall his pending impeachment.

Loading...
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Odibets Set to Surprise More than 1000 Mums with Free Shopping

Published

on

Loading...


Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

One of Kenya’s leading betting firm Odibets has announced that it will be giving out free shopping to mothers this weekend in a campaign dubbed ‘Asante Mama’ that is set to commemorate this year’s Mother’s Day celebration.

Speaking to journalists during the launch of the campaign, Odibets Country Marketing manager Aggrey Sayi said that the promo was launched in a bid to give back to the company’s loyal customers and help their customers celebrate Mother’s Day that will take place on Sunday 9th of May.

“We have launched this one-of-a-kind promo as a way of giving back to our mothers who have been our pillars of strength since childhood,” said Mr Sayi.

To qualify for the Mother’s Day draw, all they have to do is place a bet of Sh50 and above on the Odibets platform.

Winners of the shopping vouchers will receive a confirmation message from OdiBets once the draw is done.

The winners will receive Sh5000 on their Odibets accounts that signify the actual shopping vouchers they have won.

The shopping voucher ‘cash’ award can be withdrawn via M-Pesa.

Last month, Odibets awarded more than 2,000 “Jogoos” to their customers as they celebrated Easter in a promo dubbed ‘Shinda Jogoo ya Easter’.

Loading...


Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Loading...
Advertisement
Loading...

Trending