Marianne Jebet Kitany (left) consoles her sister Pamela Jerono after she was overcome with grief at the Runda Police Station on December 19, 2018 after their home was invaded by goons allegedly hired by Meru Senator Mithika Linturi. Ms Kitany has a court order that bars him from accessing the home. PHOTO | NATION
Meru Senator Mithika Linturi separation with Marianne Keitany is messy, noisy and has casualties.
The couple’s rather quiet love life recently exploded into a public fallout, coupled with numerous battles in the corridors of justice plus allegations of hired goons.
And as the bitter split persists, here are five key court orders that Keitany, a former chief of staff in Deputy President William Ruto’s office, is demanding against her husband of five years.
1. She wants to be recognized as Senator Linturi’s legitimate wife. Through her lawyers, the former powerful civil servant not only insists he is Linturi’s wife, but further claims to have contributed to the acquisition of some of their properties in dispute.
Linturi has however differed, claiming Keitany was just a ‘visitor’ in the house. “It’s extremely laughable for the respondent to claim that my client was a guest when they had engraved the names of their children in the said house,” her lawyer said.
2. She wants to be handed exclusive access and use of Senator Linturi’s Runda residence. Last week, Keitany successfully convinced Principal Magistrate Isaac Orenge to have exclusive use of the contentious Runda residence while barring Linturi from accessing the apartment pending determination of their divorce.
The Magistrate also directed Runda Police Station’s Officer Commanding Station to effect the orders.
3. She wants Senator Linturi barred from harassing, intimidating, abusing or threatening her physically or sexually and damaging or threatening any of her properties. Keitany sought these orders when goons attacked her at the Runda home in December and destroyed property while evicting her. She claims to have lost Sh10 million during the ordeal.
4. She wants Senator Linturi to educate her five children she got from previous relationships. Interestingly, this prayer comes two years after Senator Linturi went on record during a TV interview, stating that he sees no problem with men siring kids out of wedlock as long as they can take care of them. He also courted controversy during the same interview by suggesting that men are ‘endangered’ species and thus the responsibility of raising kids should lie with women.
5. She wants Senator Linturi denied access to their joint bank accounts. Keitany has also successfully managed to convince the High Court to issue an order stopping the transfer and sale of property owned by Senator Linturi.
The request was granted by Justice John Onyiego that stopped Linturi from transferring six prime plots located in Kajiado and dealing in five bank accounts at Standard Chartered, Equity, Family, Co-operative and Credit Banks.
After declaring that long distance relationships aren’t for her, Sherlyne Anyango might have bagged herself a new mzungu boyfriend. It’s barely days since she left the country to go to the States to ‘hustle’. According to her, it’s easier to hustle in the States with her twerking talent.
Love At First Sight?
Well, she moved on quickly! This was the reaction of most of her fans after Sherlyne went live with her new catch. Most people were surprised by how fast she possibly got a boyfriend. But she hasn’t made it clear.
While this might seem unfair to her Kenyan bae, Oga Obinna, it was a mutual agreement between them to dissolve their relationship due to the distance between them.
”I’m a single boy again now😪😱!! Now with the standards you set who will fit in🤷🏿 who will fill your shoes??But Si Ni Life… But for now Kill Them with your AWESOMENESS and SECURE THE BAG!!! Don’t let nobody tell you otherwise. Plus there will always be space for you in my Heart and Kidney🙊🙈🙏🏿.”
In line to this, Sherlyne had also declared how much she misses Obinna and wrote back to him;
”Don’t make me cry. That’s life 😞😞. I feel bad. I miss you badly.”
Well, turns out she won’t be missing him any more after getting a new catch. Obinna has not yet responded to Sherlyne’s video posted on her Insta stories. I bet he’s not happy seeing her with another man.
When it comes to buying or tailoring a new blazer, most people think it’s all about getting what fits. Even though that is one of the most vital things to focus on when selecting blazers, there are other things you need to look out for in order to have a perfect and versatile blazer.
Versatile is not just about being able to match most pieces in your closet, but something that will enhance your outfits and define your best features while at it. In case you are wondering on where to start with buying a blazer, start here:
Yes, this is the first thing you should consider before making or buying yourself a blazer. You need to check your closet and consider the most dominant colour and pieces, can they be layered with a blazer or paired together?
Once that is set, you are good to go, though the more colourful a blazer is the more fun you will have pairing it with other pieces.
When selecting the perfect blazer always be very careful not to choose a small blazer. You might confuse a small blazer for a fitting one.
It should not be too tight that your shoulders cannot move in it or you can barely button it.
Although ladies are lucky they can go with any arm length, because it can be considered fashionable, ensure that it is your size. Also, avoid going for extra-large coats that will drown you and hide your best features.
A blazer is in between a suit jacket and a hoodie. Meaning, it should be able to pass for official and casual events. Let your guide be what you are buying it for.
There are different kinds of blazers ranging from open front blazers, single breasted blazers, belted ones, the list is endless.
Always go for a blazer that resonates with your style and closet items. Also, long blazers are classier and versatile than the shorter boyfriend ones. This is in terms of versatility.
Are you looking for a linen blazer, cotton or the suit material fabric? Do you want it shiny or matte? Do you need one with metal studded elements or with embellished buttons like the army? The kind of texture you go for will determine the way you dress your blazer.
Although blazers are meant to match with all outfits, the kind of design you go for can either limit your outfit choices or broaden your matching game.
They say the longer the blazer, the double the respect. You already know what I mean by this. Longer blazers are more eye catching, trendy and versatile. It will be easier for you to pair them to a tiny skirt, pencil trouser or palazzos.
Also did I mention how well they pair with crop tops? Yes, when buying a blazer, the length is very important.
Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.
By Milo George
Residents of Pipeline Transami area are decrying poor drainage system that has caused sewage water to overflow in their area of residence.
The residents claim that the overflowing sewage is not only putting their lives at risk but also causing air pollution.
They have called on Nairobi Metropolitan Services and Nairobi City Water and Sewage Company to come on board and expand the sewer lines before more areas are flooded with raw human wastes coming from the blocked pipes. “We want Major Badi and our leaders to resolve this menace immediately. It’s terrible many have been forced to shift their businesses because of the foul smell,” they said. Pastor Joe Ndivoh of Word Evangelistic Explosion Ministries says that they have been forced to call off the Sunday School Service to protect the children from the smelly sewage. ‘‘We now fear that if prompt action is not taken then we will have a bigger health problem than this because we fear there could be an outbreak of water-borne disease anytime,’’ Pastor Ndivoh added.
Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.