Connect with us

Entertainment

Chinese defector provides intelligence trove to Australia: report

Published

on

Loading...

The Nine network newspapers said the defector, named as Wang “William” Liqiang, had given Australia’s counter-espionage agency the identities of China’s senior military intelligence officers in Hong Kong and provided details of how they fund and conduct operations in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Australia.

Wang said he was personally involved in infiltration and disruption operations in all three territories, including the kidnap of one of five Hong Kong book sellers who were taken to the mainland and interrogated on suspicion of selling dissident materials.

Nine said Wang, in interviews with The Age and Sydney Morning Herald newspapers and TV news program 60 Minutes, “revealed in granular detail” how Beijing covertly controls listed companies to fund intelligence operations, including the surveillance and profiling of dissidents and the co-opting of media organisations.

Nine said Wang was currently living in Sydney with his wife and infant son on a tourist visa and had requested political asylum.

Executed if returned to China

He said in an interview to be aired Sunday night that he would be executed if he returned to China.

“Once I go back, I will be dead,” he says through a translator in a clip from 60 Minutes shown on Nine’s websites Saturday.

According to the news organisation, Wang gave a sworn statement to the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) in October saying: “I have personally been involved and participated in a series of espionage activities”.

This allegedly included infiltrating Taiwan under an assumed identity and with a South Korean passport to run local operatives in efforts to meddle in 2018 municipal elections and presidential polls due next year.

In Hong Kong, Wang said he was part of an intelligence operation hidden within a listed company which infiltrated Hong Kong’s universities and media to counter the pro-democracy movement.

Loading...

He said his role in the clandestine organisation including infiltrating all Hong Kong universities and directing bashings and cyber attacks against dissidents.

Wang claimed to have had responsibility for recruiting mainland students to infiltrate Hong Kong universities and student associations.

“I influenced them with patriotism, guiding them to love the country, love the Party and our leaders, and fight back strongly against those independence and democracy activists in Hong Kong,” he said.

“They found out information about those pro-independence activists . . . and made public all their personal data, their parents’ and family members’,” he was quoted as saying.

Wang also reportedly said he had met a high-ranking intelligence operative he believed was conducting spy operations in Australia via a front company in the energy sector.

“He told me at the time he is based in Canberra. I know his position is very important,” he was quoted as saying.

The report did not provide additional details on operations in Australia, but is likely to exacerbate already high alarm over Chinese espionage and influence operations in the country.

ASIO warned earlier this year that the threat of foreign interference was “unprecedented” and that the number of foreign spies in Australia was higher than during the Cold War.

The agency has never publicly named China in its warnings.

But the former head of the agency, Duncan Lewis, who retired in September, said in an interview published Friday that China wanted to “take over” Australia’s political system with an “insidious” and systematic campaign of espionage and influence-peddling.

dm/ch

Comments

comments

Loading...
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Lilian Muli threatens to expose female stalker giving her sleepless nights!

Published

on

Loading...

Lilian Muli has been having a tough time thanks to her stalker that continues to appear everywhere she goes.

About a week ago, the mother of 2 revealed that some unknown person has taken a photo of her car; and as far as she was concerned the photo was to be used to portray her in a negative way.

Even with the post, the same stalker continues to trail Lilian Muli; and who now the news anchor seems quite worried as she has no idea what the stalker wants from her. It is not clear whether the person being sent the videos is a friend of Muli or the husband; but all we know is that Lilian has been restless since she learnt about her stalker.

In a detailed post shared by Ms Muli, she went on to narrate her story; probably hoping that if anything happened to her, then the police would know where to start.

Lilian Muli throws shade at stalker

Hello instafam. I would like to get your opinion on something. I am seeking the opinion of a public court. Last week I told you guys about someone that took a video of my car while I was having a meal at one of my favorite restaurants and then proceeded to send it to someone close to me. She was alluding to the fact that I was doing something wrong. I am still trying to figure out whether it is wrong to eat.

Female stalker

Thanks to the post we also learn that the stalker is actually female; which shows why Ms Muli seems quite tensed up. However, on her post Ms Muli went on to seek the advice from her followers on whether to expose the lady. The anchor wrote;

Loading...

Bubbly TV girl, Lilian Muli

Yesterday the same woman happened to spot my car again took a video and sent it to the very same person again. Still with malicious intent. Now don’t get me wrong what people do with their phones is their business however is it right for someone to infringe on my personal privacy in this way? Isn’t this criminal? I would also like to expose the person here because this is the second time they are doing this and I am extremely offended. I also would not like this person to continue doing this to innocent people. Share your thoughts. Nimsongeshe mbele ama? I am seriously very disturbed.


in News

Comments

comments

Loading...
Continue Reading

Entertainment

“Mend your relationships with your baby daddies!” Zari Hassan mocks bitter baby mamas

Published

on

Loading...

Zari Hassan recently left many assuming that her new a Bentley was a gift from her baby daddy, Diamond Platnumz. This is after she went on to thank the Tz singer for the top up, a statement that brought nothing but confusion.

With the new car, it was evident that Zari had managed to make her back to the Tandale empire; right after Miss Tanasha Donna walked out leaving behind the Prado her baby Daddy had purchased for her on her birthday.

Gossip tabloids have since been reporting the possibility of the star getting back with Zari; but thanks to a live session done by mama Tee, turns out that the Bentley was never bought by Diamond Platnumz – but herself.

We are not sure why she went back on her story; yet it was clear to see that the ‘Top Up’ meant the Bentley; mostly since her cars are normally rentals!

Zari gifted with a brand new Bentley

Make peace with your baby daddy

On her IG live, Zari went on to tell off everyone hating on her to make peace with their baby daddies; and probably they would get the same – that is if they can afford. The mother of 5 said;

Loading...

Co-parents, Zari Hassan and Diamond Platnumz

Asante Baba Tee (Tiffah for the Top Up. Ikikuhusu/to whom it may concern. Mambo ya top imeleta balaa. Top up ni mchango. Sio ati kanilipia zote ama kaninunulia. It’s a contribution/ mchango. Kwani kuna ubaya gani? Mnatokwa makamusi yanin? Luga ndo tatizo, ama akili zenu ndogo. Isiumizwe na maisha ya mtu. We all have 24hours, use them wisely or mend your baby daddy relationships uhongwe at aka vitz,”


in News

Comments

comments

Loading...
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Nyandarua County pumps Ksh 2.4B into fight against COVID-19 – KBC

Published

on

Loading...

Nyandarua has set aside Ksh 2.4 billion to fight the impact and the spread of Corona Virus in the county. 

KBC Radio_KICD Timetable

Governor Francis Kimemia disclosed that part of the funds has been used to procure ventilators, PPEs and masks in stepped up efforts to contain the disease, as the Country braces for Covid-19 peak from next month.  

“Apart from procurement of equipment, we have set aside Ksh.230million to fight this pandemic, which means the county has to put on hold other ongoing development projects,” he stated.  

Kimemia spoke on Monday during the Good Morning Kenya show aired on KBC Channel 1 where he gave an update on the County’s preparedness against COVID-19.  

Get breaking news on your Mobile as-it-happens. SMS ‘NEWS’ to 20153

Additionally, the county has managed to install an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) with 15 beds and nine ventilators as well as an isolation facility with 330 beds in case the pandemic escalates.  

More than 8,000 water tanks have been installed in various markets in the County to ensure adequate hand washing in line with the Ministry of Health safety guidelines.  

Kimemia said surveillance had been intensified at the County’s 10 border points to check movement of people in and out of the County.  

This, he said will make contact tracing easier in the event of a positive case.  

Loading...

The County is also working closely with officers from the Nyumba Kumi initiative to sensitize the communities against stigmatization of COVID-19 victims and taking proper precautionary measures against the disease.  

He further appealed to the people of Nyandarua County residing in Nairobi or other areas to avoid visiting their parents and the elderly in wake of COVID-19. 

Kimemia says that young people could unknowingly pass the virus to their elders leading to more infections.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tpcRxIhxCE

He advised them to use phone communication and mobile money transfer at least until the decline of infections in the Country.  

“While I acknowledge that we cannot stop children from visiting their parents at the same time we highly encourage them to keep staying where they are,” he stated.  

“It is advisable that the middle class working in Nairobi and other counties to minimize interactions with their parents and grandparents until we see how this disease is contained,” Kimemia said  

A previous statement by the Council of Governors Chairperson Wycliffe Oparanya revealed that only 26 Counties have been able to put up a 300-bed isolation Center in line with President Uhuru Kenyatta’s directive.  

Currently, Kenya has 10,294 COVID-19 cases and Health officials have warned that easing the lock-down measures could lead to an increase of infections and deaths.  

However, this could be avoided by adhering to all safety protocols put in place by the Ministry of Health. 

Comments

comments

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Loading...
Advertisement
Loading...

Trending