It is interesting to read how people cope when they break up with the person they thought was the love of their lives.
I came along a post where Nairobians were giving their views on how break ups are conducted in this era of social media.
Here are 50 interesting ways that city folk deal with their exes online.
- I can’t block him? he must see how happy I am without his silly ass???.
- I blocked him because he called me stupid but he argued wrongly and wasn’t ready to apologise.
- He started liking my pics at night.
- He wouldn’t stop sending messages and preaching forgiveness.
- I blocked him because he was tormenting me and monitoring my life.
- He was monitoring my every move.??…but I later unblocked him to enjoy the show.
- I blocked him because I had to move on.
- I chose not to block her cuz my current gf told me it wasn’t worth it.
- No mb for unwanted peeps on my ig?? I think a peep costs 1mb or there about?
- So he never sees my updates……not even sure he cares.
- I didn’t block mine, no need..I was completely done with her crazy, OCD, dramatic black ass. ??
- Blocking is my hobby, that nigga is an emotional idiot. With a CIA Monitoring spirit
- I didn’t! He needs to stay there and see me happy without him and also follow my process of doing better than him (cos he goes about spreading negativity about me and hoping no one better than him loves me) I need him to see how much better am doing without his lies, cheating and selfish self.
- So he would stop tagging me on ig.
- Cos he’s immaturity was making me want to konk myself for having dated such an individual…??
- Cos she tried to re-ignite d passion and it almost worked. Then I realized that she had dumped and betrayed me severally. So I said sayonara **goodbye in Japanese * * * and blocked her.
- hahahahaha nigga blocked me first.
- No blocks no hard feelings.
- Needed to get over him but I will be back soon to unblock him. So he can follow my success story bumper to bumper.
- Well i did and that was bcos seeing him with another woman hurts and i certainly cant act like NOTHING happened, abeg am not an actress?.
- Lmaooooo he blocked me when he couldn’t contain my progress.
- Becos I still care n love him, but dude doesn’t care a bit. So I had to help myself so I didnt force love where it is not found and gotten.
- Lolzzzz, just woke up one morning and realized she was no longer on my friend list after some months.
- She was attempting to cock block my destiny…
- He stopped receiving my calls & stopped calling. I decided to do that so I won’t be tempted to call because I still have feelings for him.
- He blocked me first so I did same to him, he then unblocked me and was asking me to do the same but I ignored him for ever.
- Cos he is no longer relevant in my life.
- No need, I don’t even have such strength to go to my settings.
- Cos he pretends to be someone he is not and acts like I’m the one who lost out, but truth be told, good ridance to bad rubbish.NKTEST.
- My recent bf didn’t like the fact that he was in touch.
- No need of blocking my ex… Dia s dis sweet feeling wen she sees it dt m doin much finer ND better without her… At first I blocked her bcos I felt I needed to just forget abt d past buh den to mk it more interesting… I unblocked her to let her see the better ND finer me…. So in short no need
- There’s no reason to block, if they all call my number at some point in time, it will definitely ring. Even if d oldest of then calls I’ll just pick n ask which side of d bed u woke up on. I wait for them calls so I can insult n embarrass d life out of them on phone.
- He was always sending me texts on whatsapp, even after I told him to stop, then he moved it to Instagram with tags and forwarding posts to me, that was when I realized that he has low key mental problem so I blocked him?
- He’s always preaching on Facebook contrarily to his character and I hate that, that’s hypocrisy….
- He asked me to get back together, then posted a picture the girl I was suspecting him with all along ??.
- To avoid stalking and setback ??.
- I don’t block I just unfollow so I don’t see whatever you do with your fucking life on social media.
- 4 d monitoring demon I delete shape shap
- Exactly why I blocked mine. She was so abusive and insulting.
- He is always commenting “Am missing that your ass” on my wall and on all my facebook pictures. And it’s just annoying and stupid.
- I was tired of stalking him and crying into my pillow every night.
- Cos he posted his pre wedding pictures
- Not all exes deserved to be blocked cuz some play a vital role in ur life after d breakup while others deserve d blocking tinx cuz dey re monitoring spirit
- I hate to see his face on my TL
- Becos he is an example of wat I don’t want in a man.
- Abi why did he block me ??
- He became too toxic, childish, to the extent he tagged all guys in my life as exs. Jor at the end, I discovered he was acting his real age.
- Because it hurts too much❤. I can’t bear seeing his posts everyday. And also, he’s a piece of sh*t. ?✌
- I never blocked my EX, cos I don’t even have an Ex.
- I didn’t cos I want him to know that life is beautiful with or without him
Singer speaks after attacking lover at WCB signee Zuchu’s star-studded concert
56 minutes ago
On 18 July, there was fanfare at the Mlimani City Hall in Dar es Salaam as WCB signee Zuchu held a thanksgiving concert months after her debut EP, I Am Zuchu. The event dubbed ‘Ahsante Nashukuru’ mainly featured performances by artistes from the WCB stable and attracted the whos-who in the Tanzanian entertainment and political scenes.
However, singer Gigy Money who also performed made the headlines for the wrong reasons after getting into a scuffle with her lover during the much-publicised concert.
READ ALSO: I was bewitched by a friend – Gigy Money
Peaceful arrival, later chaos
Moments earlier, Gigy and her Nigerian man were seen arriving arm in arm at the event whose highlight featured Zuchu receiving a brand new car from WCB head honcho Diamond Platnumz. Donning matching outfits, the couple was spotted on the red carpet as the paparazzi scrambled to capture the moment. However, all hell breaks loose later and viral videos depict the visibly angered Nigerian arguing with a bouncer at the entrance. After a tense confrontation, Gigy’s man is seen being led by the screaming bouncer towards the exit. Shortly after, a similarly irritated Gigy emerges and follows the pair.
“Gigy! Wewe Gigy wewe!” a woman in the background is heard dissuading the singer from pursuing them but the singer pays no heed and heads for the pair.
“You want to beat me?” the boyfriend is heard asking an approaching Gigy as the bouncer acts as a barrier between them. The bouncer manages to steer the incensed man towards the exit as Gigy follows behind, hurling obscenities.
At some point, a barefoot Gigy turns into a sprint before throwing one of her shoes which hits the man who then responds with an insult. Another bouncer finally intervenes and the two are separated. Gigy then asks for her vehicle so she can head home before warning the press against sharing videos of the incident.
Though the cause of their tiff is still unknown Gigy later made reference to the shocking incident in a social media post, hinting that alcohol had a part to play in the fracas. In another post, Gigy shared a photo alongside her estranged lover writing: “My mad man looked handsome before his demons arose and mine arose too.”
‘Running over Ali Kiba’
Gigy is not new controversy and recently said she’d run over her ex, singer Ali Kiba for breaking her heart.
“I will knock all of them down, I mean I will kill them. In fact, I will flatten them like chapatis. The first person I will knock down and kill is Ali Kiba. Actually, I don’t need a weak car, I need a Fuso so that when I knock him down I will be sure he doesn’t survive,” Gigy told Ayo TV.
Dating Kiba brothers
Gigy had in the past admitted to dating both Ali Kiba and his younger brother, Abdu Kiba. She solely laid the blame on Chekecha singer for pursuing her despite knowing that she’d been with his younger brother. Abdu expressed being heartbroken after learning the two had a fling, prompting him to marry.
“I was very hurt on hearing that Ali was dating Gigy Money because I dated her first before she became famous. But it’s alleged that Ali didn’t know. It hurt me for a while till when I married,” said Abdu.
Defunct Nairobi County Council Nurses Go On Strike, Citing Discrimination By The Government
Why Jahmby Kokai is happy her TV anchor dream never came true
37 minutes ago
Popular media personality Jahmby Koikai narrated how her first attempt at auditioning as a TV host backfired and she was sent home on the first day of the audition. Reliving her prime days, Jahmby narrated how she was determined to follow her dream of becoming a news anchor after completing her degree.
“There was a reality show that was running on one major TV channel here in Kenya, searching for the next top news anchor. I’ve always had the knack for news. At the time, I was working at Metro FM. Walked to my boss and asked him if he was ok with me participating in this competition. He agreed to it.
“Auditions were at Film Studios. The queue stretched all the way to the showground. I was at the back kabisa. Imagine 300 people before you. Then we got the briefing paper and it indicated, ‘no persons with experience in a media house allowed to participate in this audition’. Mimi Jahmby Koikai, nirudi home after watu 300 kukuwa mbele yangu?” she posed.
According to the endometriosis survivor, she went ahead to audition for the position despite the warning and was the first contestant to be sent packing.
“So I stayed in line until I got to the audition room. The judges were a few people I was in campus with. I felt a wave of despair. Like I’m here auditioning, yet my classmates will be judging me? I did my thing and I was considered. We got into the house and we were assigned to different groups. I was the group leader and we won the challenge. Later that evening, we were driven back to Film Studios for a briefing. The presenter of the show said some of us have to go home.
“My name was called out first amongst other great people. We were dropped home. I cried. It felt like I’d lost such a great opportunity. My mom and late grandma were so sad cos they loved to watch me do the news,” she narrated.
Later, Jahmby auditioned for another TV opportunity only to miss out as well.
“Then came another opportunity over 10 years ago, I saw a TV ad and decided to apply for the news anchor position. I didn’t get the job.”
However, due to endometriosis, Jahmby was forced to put her dreams on hold and concentrate on getting better. According to her, it is as though God had better plans for her and is grateful to not have gotten the jobs.
“I battled severe endometriosis in silence for over 19 years. I think of how engaging the newsroom is and I’m grateful I wasn’t in that space. I’d have utilized all my sick-leaves and off-days and just declared redundant.”
There was a reality show that was running on one major TV channel here in Kenya, searching for the next top news anchor. I’ve always had the knack for news. At the time, I was working at Metro Fm. Walked to my boss and asked him if he was ok with me participating in this competition. He agreed to it. Auditions were at Film Studios. The queue stretched all the way to the showground. I was at the back kabisa. Imagine 300 people before you. Then we got the briefing paper and it indicated, ‘no persons with experience in a media house allowed to participate in this audition’. Mimi Jahmby Koikai, nirudi home after watu 300 kukuwa mbele yangu? Nikasema zi. So I stayed in line until I got to the audition room. The judges were a few people I was in campus with. I felt a wave of despair. Like I’m here auditioning, yet my classmates will be judging me? I did my thing and I was considered. We got into the house and we were assigned to different groups. I was the group leader and we won the challenge. Later that evening, we were driven back to Film Studios for a briefing. The presenter of the show said, some of us have to go home. My name was called out first amongst other great people. We were dropped home. I cried. It felt like I’d lost such a great opportunity. My mom and late grandma were so sad cos they loved to watch me do the news. Then came another opportunity over 10years ago, I saw a TV ad and decided to apply for the news anchor position. As you see in this pic, I got my hair done at Ralph’s Hair Salon, new suit etc. I didn’t get the job. After KBC, I never got to anchor the news again. I’m grateful I did not get the job even though I felt dejected at the time. I battled severe Endometriosis in silence for over 19years. I think of how engaging the newsroom is and I’m grateful I wasn’t in that space. I’d have utilised all my sick-leaves and off-days and just declared redundant. There are many people like me who are bound by chronic illness and cannot do the things they love. I share your pain. But there’s hope. I’m grateful to God for His reminder that He will restore to you all the years that the locusts have eaten. Also Jer 29:11